Spaghetti squash with chicken, tomatoes & asparagus
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 lb skinless chicken (tenders or breast)
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coconut (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Use a spoon to remove all the seeds (like you do with a pumpkin).
- Place about ¼ inch of water in a 9 x 12 baking dish. Place the spaghetti squash with the cut side down in the baking dish. Bake for ~50 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- While the spaghetti squash is baking, prepare to roast the asparagus by removing the stems (bend the asparagus and it will break where the stem ends). Place on a baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tbsp of coconut or olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle with sea salt. Place in the oven when the spaghetti squash only has 20 minutes left.
- While the asparagus and squash finish baking, heat 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cut up the chicken to bite size pieces and add to the skillet. Cook for about 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked on both sides. Remove from heat.
- Remove spaghetti squash and asparagus from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl. Add the cooked chicken and asparagus.
- Use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash so it looks like spaghetti. Place in the bowl with the asparagus, tomatoes and chicken.
- Add 4 tbsp olive oil, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Salt to taste. Toss all together and enjoy!