New Year’s Day is one of my favorite times of the year. I love taking the time to reflect on the previous year because it allows me to remember the valuable life lessons I learned, the memories I created and the goals I accomplished. Also, it helps me determine my goals and the direction I need to go to manifest the life I desire for the next year.
This year I have decided one of my goals is to eat “Real Food” for 365 days. According to the Webster Dictionary, the definition of real is “not fake, false, or artificial” and food is “material consisting essentially of protein, carbohydrate, and fat used in the body of an organism to sustain growth, repair, and vital processes and to furnish energy.” My definition of real food is defined as the following:
- Whole foods like fruits, vegetables, and nuts
- Humanely raised meats and eggs
- Natural sweeteners (honey and maple syrup)
- Simple beverages that do not contain lots of added ingredients, like black coffee, water, wine
- If it comes in a package, then all the ingredients need to be food or spices and edible. Nothing with chemicals and ideally, less than 5-10 ingredients.
I estimate I ate about 80% real food on a daily basis in 2013. This year I want to show people eating real food all the time is easy, affordable and attainable. I will frequently post updates on the blog to share my food, recipes, challenges and success. Follow me on Instagram, 365RealFood, as I will post daily pictures of what I am eating and links to recipes.
Cheers to a New Year!